Why give into aging and medical problems associated with declining hormone levels? You CAN feel better and fight the diseases of aging with Bio-identical hormones. Bio-identicals are chemically identical to what our body makes and are safe to be administered without long term side effects. Reduce your chances of developing cardiovascular disease, cancer, stroke, osteoporosis and Alzheimer’s disease. You can look better, stay healthier, and improve your quality of life.
How do I know if Hormone Optimization is Right For Me?
Do you have:
- Lack of Energy?
- Weight Gain?
- Lack of Sexual Drive (Libido)?
- Decreased Muscle Tone?
- Lack of Motivation?
- Lack of Concentration?
- Mood Swings?
- Memory Loss?
- Decreased Enjoyment in Life?
- Thinning Hair?
- Brittle Nails?
- Cold Intolerance?
- Or are you simply interested in protecting yourself against age related illness like heart disease, stroke, diabetes, Alzheimers and osteoporosis?
When hormones are at their optimal levels, the body functions ‘healthy’ and is in better physical condition. As we age, our hormone levels decline, eventually causing disease and the mental and physical deterioration we associate with aging.
By supplementing our natural hormones and restoring them to optimal levels, we can maintain an energetic, healthy and youthful life as we age while at the same time, reducing some of our risks to age related illnesses.
Lifestyle, environmental exposures, genetics and your health history can all influence hormones in various ways. An unbalance of hormones can lead to a variety of symptoms including lethargy, abdominal discomfort, joint/muscle pain and stiffness, muscle loss, breast tenderness, bloating, irritability, sadness, water retention, weight gain, loss of libido, loss of drive and ultimately put you at higher risks for age related diseases.
Hormone replacement therapy programs aren’t just for women. Bio- identical hormone optimization is enriching the lives of both men and women by supplementing the natural hormones the body needs to function. By bringing the hormones to levels that yield superior health outcomes, you can slow down and even reverse the aging process and improve your quality of life, including increased sexual potency and frequency, higher energy levels, improved attitude, increased bone density, decreased body fat, increased resistance to common illness and improved skin elasticity.
aNu Aesthetics™ and Optimal Wellness offers a personalized, medically supervised program, for both men and women suffering from hormonal loss or imbalance. We offer a unique Bio-identical Hormone Replacement Therapy (BHRT) practice. Each progam is personalized to the individual, with one-on-one attention, by specially trained medical providers in hormone replacement therapy. We provide natural treatments for the symptoms of andropause and menopause, helping our patients regain their health and confidence.
What are hormones and why me?
Hormones are essential for cells, organs, and metabolism. They decline through aging, menopause, disease and trauma. When this happens, the aging process accelerates and is one of the major reasons for our deterioration as we get older. Best protective benefits are achieved if hormones are replaced as you lose them.
What are the typical hormones prescribed?
Synthetic estrogen (CEE), conjugated from pregnant Equine Estrogen and progestins (medroxyprogesterone acetate, MPA) are produced in the laboratory. They are chemically altered so they can be patented. They are not the same as bio-identicals and they might adversely stimulate the cells and lead to side effects. Both have been implicated in causing problems with some people.
How are bio-identical estrogen, progesterone and testosterone produced?
Bio-identical hormones are identical to the human hormones and found in yams and soy. The hormones are extracted from the vegetables and processed by a compounding pharmacy into prescription form. The body accepts and metabolizes these hormones as if they had made them.
What are the problems with synthetic hormones?
Initially synthetic hormones were well received because of benefits of controlling symptoms and fighting osteoporosis. However long term results have shown negative metabolic response. Some women can’t tolerate synthetic hormones often suffering side effects such as bloating, bleeding, or mood swings. Synthetic hormones are not a perfect match in the body. They produce abnormal metabolites that can cause side effects.
Why doesn’t my regular doctor prescribe bio-identical hormones?
Most doctors were taught to use pharmaceutical products. Bio-Identicals are not under brand names and are typically compounded. Your physician may not know about bio-identicals because they must be self educated.
What is the truth about publicity regarding risks of taking hormones?
The Women’s Health Initiative (WHI) is a study focused on synthetic estrogen (CEE) and progestin (MPA). There were different parts of the study. The part using CEE and MPA was discontinued before completion because an increased risk of breast cancer was detected in the early stages of the study. This was attributed to PROGESTIN. Unfortunately, the media mis-represented the study by stating ALL hormones are bad – this is WRONG. The culprits are progestin and estrogen (synthetic pharmaceuticals), NOT Progesterone and Estradiol (bio-identical).
What if I have been taking synthetic hormones?
You need hormones, but the right kind – natural bio-identical hormones in the right balance. We can prescribe natural hormones and easily switch you and monitor your progress!
RE-discover yourself with Bio-Identical Hormone Replacement Therapy today!
Dr Robert Greeblatt was an endocrinologist at the Medical College of Georgia. He was chari of the department of endocrinology and well-known for his work on the fertility pill. The picture dates to the late 1960s~early 1970s.
Hormone Pellet Therapy – The History
In 1935, hormone pellet therapy was created in Europe to help alleviate the problems women experienced due to hormone production cessation or menopause. This modality was then brought to the United States in 1939 by Dr. R. B. Greenblatt. He introduced it to the Menopausal Clinic, where it is used today more than half a century after its introduction.
Since then, Bio-identical hormone replacement therapy in pellet form has been positively researched and accepted as an effective delivery system available for men and women suffering from the side effects of menopause or andropause (male equivalent of menopause).
How Does Hormone Pellet Therapy Work?
Each hormone pellet is slipped painlessly under the skin, typically in the upper outer buttock. A mild, local anesthetic is used and the procedure is very quick. Once the pellet is inserted, a steady, low dose of natural hormone flows directly into the blood stream whenever your body needs it. When the body is in need of estrogen or testosterone, these tiny implants placed under the skin consistently release small physiologic doses of hormones providing optimal therapy. For decades, these positive research studies have been reported in respected medical journals around the world.
Benefits of pellet therapy
- Deliver a very low dose of hormones continuously, 24/7.
- Benefits last 3-4 months so patients do not have to use troches, creams or pills every day.
- Release hormones directly into the bloodstream, thereby passing the gastrointestinal system and liver.
- Consistently proven more effective than oral, injected, or topical methods with regard to sexual function, mood and cognitive function, metabolic function, bone density, urinary and vaginal problems, lipid profiles, breast health and hormone ratios.
- Decades of positive research show bio identical hormone pellets to be safe and the most effective hormone delivery method available when properly administered. In fact, hormone pellets are the only form of hormone therapy to closely mimic what the human ovary and testicle do.
Optimal Wellness Services
Available as single shots or buy three, get one free packages.
IV Nutritional Therapy
Intravenous (IV) therapy is a method used to correct nutrient deficiencies and help your cells repair and regenerate. This is an excellent method for supporting chronic illness, inflammation, fatigue and preventing seasonal flu/illness. Additional conditions that respond well to IV therapies include autoimmune conditions, inflammatory bowel diesease, depression, fibromyalgia, lupus and Lyme disease.
See separate brochure for IV therapy options and pricing.
Optimal Wellness Services
(Physician or Nurse Practitioner)
Bio-Identical Hormone Therapy with Nurse Practitioner
- In Body Body Composition Analysis
- 45-minute appointment with Nurse Practitioner for lab review and initial bio-identical hormone therapy plan
- Initial hormone labs
Required at minimum every six months or sooner as needed for dose adjustments.
- InBody Body Composition Analysis
- 30-minute appointment with Nurse Practioner for lab review and continuing bio-identical hormone therapy plan
- Pricing does not include labs. Labs are offered at reduced cash pricing or through your insurance
Additonal options if desired:
- May have Peptides/HCG at aNu established Wellness price
- Females—One year of pellets (Estradiol/Testosterone), dosed every three to four months (maximum of four sessions per year) for $1,200
- Males—One year of pellets (Testosterone), dosed every four to six months (maximum of three sessions per year) for $1,800
- May upgrade to Functional and Personalized Wellness Medicine with Nurse Practitioner during active BHRT management. The initial $350 90-minute consult fee is waived. Extensive labs and a 60–90 minute follow up appointment will be scheduled with Nurse Practitioner (both at regular patient cost).